Saturday, April 2, 2011

"Bicycle" Noteflight Assignment

http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/d68b30fe498db73ad45c060aeeb2dc10f132389d


I think that Noteflight could be a useful tool in the music education classroom.  This can be used for both teachers and students.  Although I could not use my MIDI keyboard to input the notation as I was working on it, the program worked pretty well. 

Educators can use this program to notate parts and then allow them to be viewed by others.  The students can then access the files that the instructor has created for various purposes - for study, creation, editing, or other assignments.   It seems to have an easy way to access these files.

Students can use this program to create music and notate music.  It was simple to begin the project and the students will not need a lot of instruction on opening a file, setting the staff, and beginning to notate.  I like the idea of a class composition that was done as "Pieces of Eight".  I think this would be a great assignment for the music class to make a combined composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment