I saw this posting and thought the book that is mentioned (YouTube in Music Education) could be very useful. I plan to investigate this book more and see if I can put it to use in my classroom. I know there are so many things out there. The challenge for my class (as I am sure with many of you) – youtube is blocked at my school. I know there are ways around this but sometimes it seems like so much prep work. Plus, showing a youtube video to a large choral ensemble is difficult due to the number of students trying to watch.
http://www.musicteachershelper.com/blog/make-youtube-yourtube/
I am SO THANKFUL that YouTube is not blocked for teachers at our school. We just have to sign in with our teacher ID and password to bypass the "this is blocked" screen.
ReplyDeleteIn the meantime, have you tried Discovery Education? I'll be posting the website on my blog in the next few weeks for one of the PLN posts. It contains videos and other resources for use in the classroom. I've found good documentaries for classroom music (for example, background on West Side Story) and many other things too.
Jess
This is a great article!! Thanks for sharing it! I hope that you have access to YouTube soon!
ReplyDelete